Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a 1990 Linkbelt 1060 serial number 6310–0476 issues

Customer Question

I have a 1990 Linkbelt 1060 serial number 6310–0476 issues with line pool and brake release my maximum line pool currently is 7000 pounds anything in excess to 7000 pounds upon releasing break tends to get away on you I've checked every conceivable valve counterbalanced valve I have a hydraulic speed selector that was the only thing I didn't check yet that selector valve works fine when I engage it for high and lo all pressures they all meet the required PSI check the main pumps all good any ideas would be helpful thank you
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Do you have the 2M or 3M winch on this crane? Click on this link for more information/specs on the Load Hoist System. Let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's a 2m. 44- 57d0052-d. 300 76705.6
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I noticed I did not post the link. Sorry about that. Here is the link I intended to post.

Crane Specs

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Is there any fine metal or debris in the hydraulic return filter if you inspect it internally that would indicate a component problem occurring?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Filters are clean I also replaced the brake drums and the main winch motor I have this problem before I did the changeover and I still have that problem
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I took apart the high low speed selector everything is the way it should be no broken parts everything is clean no scoring and works fine on this particular Winch their hydraulic Hilow selector valve
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

If you checked and resealed your control valves, counterbalance valve, reliefs, etc and no problem is found and the brakes are good and there is no fine metal indicating a component problem, i would need to see a schematic on this circuit to research further. I do not have one for this model unfortunately but If you do and can provide it to me I will take a look and offer my suggestions for other potential causes. Let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Dan I just found out that there Is Up grade component for the breaks in the hoist I'm looking into that right now I'll let you know
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the information. Keep me posted.