Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 2000 Vermeer BC2000. One of my feed rollers is

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Vermeer BC2000 chipper. One of my feed rollers is losing power, acting like it's slipping on the shaft of the hydraulic motor. I don't know how it is made or how to take it apart. I do a lot of maintenance and am familiar with many machines, but when I unbolted the hydraulic motor it wouldn't come off. Any suggestions?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi Jeff, My name is***** couplings are usually either keyed to the shaft or they are tapered so when the bolts are tightened around the coupler it compresses around the pump and roller shaft. Use the paperclip icon above to upload a photo if needed so I can see exactly which style you have if not one of the ones I mentioned.