Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a Volvo mct135c that won't move, It starts and runs,

Customer Question

I have a Volvo mct135c that won't move
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Construction Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: It starts and runs, but the parking brake and hydraulics will not release
JA: Is there anything else the Construction Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No, that's it. First time it's ever done it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Construction Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. First check all your safety switches and harness for your arm rests/seat belt, seat switch and door switch if equipped. If any of these switches fail or the wiring has a problem, the parking brake and hydraulic functions will be locked out. Test all your fuses and relays as well. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Another thing to check if the electrical checks out okay is for a possible pump drive failure between the engine and hydraulic pumps causing a loss of pump drive. If okay, also check inside the hydraulic filter for fine metal indicating a pump or component failure occurring. If clean then your problem is likely in your safety interlock circuit.