Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a ex270-5 that walks normal on the right track and

Customer Question

I have a ex270-5 that walks normal on the right track and slow on the left getting 160 lpm on right and 60 lpm on the left
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. 9 out of 10 excavator travel problems are due to failed rotary manifold seals causing a bypass in pressure. Resealing the manifold is part of the troubleshooting process as the labor/cost to reseal the manifold is less than adapting to it to test for bypass between the ports. Once resealed if the problem still exists and all other functions are strong, you will then be looking for excessive case drain on the problem drive motor to confirm a failed drive motor. Let me know