spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.

Ok guys get ready one.... A friend of mine has a JD310SE

Customer Question

Ok guys get ready for this one.... A friend of mine has a JD310SE backhoe. He had a young operator who left the exhaust stack off for some reason. It rained, Im guessing water got into cylinder(s) and caused hydrolock. This engine dosen't have glow plugs and fuel injectors seem to be a real problem to remove. My question is how to remove water so engine will turn over. Before I knew all of what happened,I tryed to stasrt machine and engine spun over and acted like it started for about 2 seconds. Now,engine will barely move when key is turned. Don't want to burn up starter. Any suggestions????
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 3 months ago.

Morning John, sorry for delay

Bar engine over by crank at least 4 revolutions

Note when barring over it may get hard ,hold pressure while still trying to turn over so fluid goes past rings and it will eventually turn all the way.If you can't get it to turn one direction try the other way.

Also note you need to change oil when done.

Depending on how exhaust is plumbed you may still have water sitting in exhaust and you don't want more fluid going into engine while barring over disconnect exhaust closest to engine while barring over to let water out

Once you can bar over a few times you can start engine with exhaust loose, then tighten back up and start engine again.

I took the time to answer you Please take the time to Rate me with stars at top of page so I get credit from the site for my time..
you may still follow up after rating if needed
Thank You!.