Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Remove Sprocket

Customer Question

Remove Sprocket
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Make and model? What sprocket? Drive sprocket for a track drive? A big, hydraulic puller!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
T550 Bobcat
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Drive Spocket
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Remove & Replace Spocket
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there a Mechanic that can help?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
High priority

let me opt out. I don't know, but it may not be made to come off, the axle with the sprocket may have to be removed after removing the inner retainer, on the end of axle and pulling shaft out the side. But I'm not sure. Please do not reply or it will lock your question. Sorry.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need answer now. Unsatisfied. Please opt me out
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** is the serial number of your machine so I can look up exactly what you have and get you the correct information?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A7UJ11461
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. Bare with me while I look up the info

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Click on this link below and let me know if this is the sprocket you are referring to? If so you will see the bolts around the perimeter at the center hub area that mount it to the drive motor. Remove the bolts to remove the sprocket once the track is remover after the track tension is released. Let me know if there is more information or help you need.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

If you need more immediate assistance we can also do a phone call for an additional service. I will send over the request. Click accept if you are interested in adding the phone call for faster help. Once accepted I will be allowed to call you for a live phone conversation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
18
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Okay great. Remove the bolts # ***** and you can remove the sprocket with the track off of the machine. Sometimes you might have to hit it with a sledge hammer to break it loose.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

So, Machine supported safely off the ground to be able to remove the track after releasing the tension loosening the relief fitting to let the grease out and then removing the sprocket as I mentioned. Let me know if you need any further help. I log in in between jobs as time allows. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as that is how the site credits me for my time helping on the site.