Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Deere 444g Wheel loader with a two speed

Customer Question

I have a John Deere 444g Wheel loader with a two speed hydroststic transmission and it will not go into low gear. It stays engaged in hi gear all the time. I'm just looking for a little help with where to begin on it. Any help would be appreciated.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: It has been intermittent for a while but now it won't go into low gear. It seems like when its cold it will work better, but when its hot it won't work.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. first check the oil level and condition as well as inspecting inside the filter for signs of fine metal/debris indicating an internal failure occurring. Let me know the results and your serial number if we need to dig deeper into this.