Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.

I have an Asv Rc30, hydraulics get considerably weaker as

Customer Question

I have an Asv Rc30, hydraulics get considerably weaker as the machine worms up, changed oil/filters etc. The drive gets very weak but i think auxiliary is okay. Pilot control pressure reads about 340 psi (which is at the minimum for my early model machine) but drops to about 200 when you turn left or right. I put the machine up on stands and when i engage left or right only one side (track) responds. A different track for each direction but i thought both should engage in opposite directions. Any thoughts appreciated Luke
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 4 months ago.

Have you checked the solenoids under the machine? Should have to drop the front skid plate to access the solenoids

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have actually replaced both solenoid spools (but not coils).I should also mention, the last time i checked the pilot pressure i used a dry pressure gauge and the needle was going crazy, flickering about 20 psi each way and much more so when i engaged left or right on the controls.

There should be a relief valve on that manifold have you checked it or replaced it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No relief valve that i can see, and its not listed in the parts manual ? Today i was playing with it and i can actually here a sucking type wining noise when i engage the drive controls. Doesn't do it with the Auxiliary control. Also the pilot pressure doesn't drop with the auxiliary controls, only the drive ? cheers, Luke.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also i have tried to increase the pressure on the relief valves several weeks back, on the tandem pump and it made no difference to the drive.
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 3 months ago.

You might have a cracked valve body when the machine is cold the crack in the valve might contract and when the machine warms up the crack expands I would check the pressures at the valve body or replace the valve body

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay, so when you say the valve body, i'm not really sure what part that is, are you referring to the Pilot control manifold or the Loader valve. regards Luke

I am referring to the the pilot control valve under the machine I suspect it is cracked and allowing pilot pressure to leak when the machine is warmed up