Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.

I have a bobcat 773 with low hydrostatic pressure. What do I

Customer Question

i have a bobcat 773 with low hydrostatic pressure. What do I need to do to fix this problem.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Fieldtech59 replied 4 months ago.

I need a little more info about low hydrostat pressure to know if I can help. Is this an F series with the BICS module behind the seat, or a G series with the BICS console on the left front of the cab controls? Did you get this low hydrostat pressure from an error code, or just something you noticed in operation?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its a G series

Common bro, give me a little more to work with, pretty please. Again I ask...did you get this low hydrostat pressure from an error code, or something you noticed during operation. On a G series machine, if in fact you do have low hydrostat pressure you should get one or more error codes which might help pinpoint the problem. Please tell me just what the machine is doing and what you've done so far to remedy. I'm not there at the machine and you have to be my eyes and ears.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
theres beeping a flashing warning light and the machine shuts down
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the seat belt light is suddenly ligting up to

Ok, let's start with that. On a G series Bobcat, anytime during operation of the machine you hear three short beeps from the alarm, and only 3 short beeps, that's the main controller seeing a fault in the systems that it controls. When you hear three short beeps, don't touch anything, don't shut it down, instead immediately push and hold down the headlight button, this will brings up the active fault code(s) in the hour meter display, something like 05-14. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Fieldtech59 replied 3 months ago.

There's a number of things that can cause Hyd Charge Pressure Out Of Range Low, we have to narrow it down. Does it do this immediately or shortly after start up? Or does it do this with machine in operation, maybe even operating properly, then when you get it under a hard load it loses drive power and maybe even loses power to loader functions, then the alarm goes off?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
immediately after start up

Ok, most likely causes of this at immediate start up:

• Drive belt failure, check that first
  • Charge pressure switch failure, located at hyd filter, has three wires going to it. No way to test it as it's a differential pressure switch, but do look for signs of failure such as oil seeping into the plug connection
  • Gear pump failure, either pump worn out or shaft/coupling failure. The gear pump piggybacks off of the hydrostat drive pumps
  • Failure of the shaft that drives the hydrostat drive pumps including the drive belt pulley connection to the hydrostat pump shaft.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
why was I charged twice for your answer it didn't even help me to solve my problem

Any charges you've incurred would be from the website, not from me, I haven't received any pay from your question. The only way I receive any pay is if you give me a positive rating, but at this point I don't expect a rating from you because, as you stated, we haven't solved your problem yet. I wish it were easy, but as you can notice from what I posted above, there's a number of things that can cause the problem and fault code you're having, that's the short list that any Bobcat mechanic would work through. I do hope you sort out your problem, and I was hoping it would be a problem with the drive belt as that's the most common cause of this problem and the easiest one to fix. Cheers

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
who do I contact about the charges