Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.

I've got a Cat 416C Backhoe... Haven't started it in a month

Customer Question

I've got a Cat 416C Backhoe... Haven't started it in a month or so, batteries are low, but when I hook it up to a charger, I still can't get it to start. Do you think I just need to replace the batteries or there is maybe another problem?
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think the weather is an issue - it's close to 100 today
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a battery load tester you can hook on the batteries? Might have a dead cell in one of the batteries.