Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a 440 Bobcat gasoline engine. Bobcat can't help

Customer Question

I have a 440 Bobcat gasoline engine. Bobcat can't help anymore. We have struggled with this machine for 15 years. We have replaced the carburetor, fuel pump, fuel line hoses, filters, fuel solenoid. It works for awhile then it stops. We can't keep the machine running.
I would like to talk to a person on the phone. My number is(###) ###-#### I will be around for about 2 hours.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

What engine is this? WIsconsin or Onan? Kohler? Model number of the engine. Or other?? Does it loose spark or does it loose fuel?

What is the engine model number? DOes it loose spark, or fuel?

I will be glad to call. but it would be nice to know what engine you have. I assume it is a Kohler, but I do not know what model. A single cylinder or a twin cylinder? Flat head design or OHV engine? For engine to quit, it has to lose spark or fuel, that is the starting point. ???