Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

How to remove burst hydraulic hose from Kuhn 243 TG moco?

Customer Question

Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 4 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will try to help you with this

which hose burst

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Two hoses are damaged, one burst. Chain on drive shaft guard spun around and cut through up down hose and damaged return hose.
Expert:  Wayne replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for that

Sorry I was thinking of a different machine

I never worked on this model

I will put this back to the board for another expert

Sorry I could not help you

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to help. You will need to remove any of the guards that are covering the hose to gain access. Cut any hose ties tying the hoses together and if you then can move the hoses freely you then disconnect the hoses after tagging and marking for reassembly or replacing one at a time to avoid any confusion on what hose goes where. Remove and replace your hoses. If you have more question can you upload a picture of the damaged hoses and location by using the paperclip icon above the chat box. Let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Dan, the answer you gave is not what we are looking for. We know about the guards and hose ties. What we need to know is are there junctions inside the long arm the hoses run through? Some of the hoses don't move when tugged. We don't want to pull too hard and damage them. The long "boxed in" arm that runs from the moco to the tractor has 8 large bolts that hold it together about 3/4 of the way back to the machine. It looks like it comes apart there but not sure if it is worth it to take it apart?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As in my original question, the hoses do not pull out. When tugged on they seam to be anchored inside the long arm (8 ft.)
that attaches the machine to hook up area. How do we take apart the arm?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I have been out on road calls the last few days. How did you make out with the photos I requested? Was there trouble getting them uploaded?. If you can access the hoses removing the bolts from the channel then that is what you need to do to access the lines. Let me know