Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

Have a JD 317 skidloader was driving and suddenly

Customer Question

Have a JD 317 skidloader was driving and suddenly stopped.Runs but won't move and no now it works.What is the problem if it happens again and remedy.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi Eugene, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Bare with me while I pull up your codes.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

F985 is hydraulic oil temp sensor. Possible sensor harness problem or faulty sensor.

F974 this means that the alternator voltage is out of range high. Check your alternator for overcharging.

F9D5 code indicates that the coolant temp sensor input voltage is at 5.0 volts. The controller expects to see the resistance of the temp sensor draw the voltage down below 4.0 volts. Check the sensor and harness for problems

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Also check your safety interlock switches and harness for problems as well ( Safety bar, seat switch, door switch ( if equipped). Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi Eugene, Did you get this resolved?