Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.

I need help timing the throttle stepper motor on my volvo

Customer Question

Hello I need help timing the throttle stepper motor on my volvo ec210 excavator. Any assistance you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is Dieseldan, I would be glad to assist. You will need to use the display screen in the cab to verify your J voltage reading and what your trying to achieve is the voltage stay between .05 and 4.8 volts. Numbers outside this range will cuase the motor to freeze or you wont get full throttle. Be aware there was also the issue with the ecu's going bad and that is what controls the driving current to the motor. so if your getting erratic operation when it is okay at times and then all types of problems are occurring it could be the reason. What is your knowledge on the adjustment procedure so i don't send needless info?

here is info on using the display screen. You want to press question mark then cylce through to stepping motor voltage or J voltage. You will notice this number change as you use the throttle or manually move the stepping motor lever.

info on setting throttle

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I'll start with that The machine is on a site out of cell service and with no internet for the next few days For the time being I have disconnected the linkage from the injection pump and am adjust it manually so that I can get the rpm up enough to work. I t may be that in a few days once it is moved closer to town that I can follow through with you. Thanks

okay that will work i will be away from the ability to scan but any questions i can answer in the meantime. thanks