Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Have a 1987 super k backhoe, all electrical is disconnected

Customer Question

Have a 1987 super k backhoe, all electrical is disconnected except the starter and fuel pump, the water pump went out so new one put in, now it starts and runs for a little bit then gets hot. What could cause this?
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Construction Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: That is all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Construction Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Did you replace the thermostat? Once a thermostat gets overheated, the internal part gets damaged, and will no longer function. If in doubt, remove the thermostat and run without it , to see if engine overheats.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
call me please ***** left word yesterday no response to my call back yet it said within 4 hrs
that was done originally .. still over heats will not srart for about 15 min water pump chged. no electric except to starter and fuel pump. water is moving slowly when view from water cap removal

with thermostat out, the water still flows slowly? Hoses not kinked? Water pump and fan belt turning, not slipping?