Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I'm testing the slew pressure on a bobcat 322, SN:223514818.

Customer Question

Hi, I'm testing the slew pressure on a bobcat 322, SN###-##-#### ***** referencing a repair manual to check the pressure. Problem is I have a reading of 500 psi at full throttle before I move the joystick controller. The pressure is 1650 in both directions at full throttle when I do move the joystick controller. I'm thinking pressure is reaching the test port (G) that shouldn't be. If I didn't have the 500 psi before moving the joystick, my pressure reading would be within specs. Any insight?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What are the symptoms you are having for swing/slew? are all other functions strong? You need to test with the function deadheaded with the bucket firm on the ground or against a loading dock etc to prevent movement to get the max pressure reading at high idle/full throttle. If your pressure is low in only that function, remove and inspect the relief valve cartridge for swing in the main control valve for damaged o rings or debris causing it to stick open bypassing pressure. Let me know