Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have fr12b 3an4 forward an reverse working 1 an2 gear wont

Customer Question

I have fr12b 3an4 forward an reverse working 1 an2 gear wont go in gear need some ideas
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is***** the transmission oil condition for discoloration or burnt smell as well as the filter and suction screen for metal/debris indicating an internal failure occurring. At the same time it will be getting a service. If clean and no problems found then check the shift controls for power in and out of the shift controller if electric to the solenoids for a possible faulty controller or harness. Test the resistance of the solenoids for any differences between them. Replace any with low values or swap with another to see if the problem moves with it. For mechanical shift you just inspect the linkage for damage or wear and that its fully engaging in all directions. Let me know