Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin,
Experience:  Field Technician at Thompson Tractor Company
29889544

Bobcatwith AHC issue

Customer Question

Bobcat(###) ###-####with AHC issue
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 6 months ago.

What kind of issue are you having?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The AHC light illuminates intermittently. It will go out if the bobcat sits for awhile.

Sounds like a corrosion issue or a loose connection have you already checked the relays for proper connection?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I haven't checked the relays, where are they? Thank-you
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 5 months ago.

Should be in the engine compartment under the air filter check for green corrosion or bad connections that would cause this issue

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I checked the relays below the air filter, didn't see anything unusual. Nuts were tight with no corrosion. I used the bobcat for a couple a days since posting and the light hasn't resurfaced, but I know it will. Any other ideas?

There should be a relay and connector for the AHC be hind the plastic cover in front of the operator seat I would check them as well

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, I checked where the fuses are in front of the operator's seat and didn't see anything there. Also, the light came on today, first time in a couple of weeks when starting it from the garage. It coded 40 once when cycling the key then 39.Are the relays under the cab?Thank-you.

There are some relays in the engine compartment under the air filter check those I will see what the codes mean.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I checked those already and they were tight with no corrosion.The codes I gave you are the last two. So, I unhooked the bucket today, when the AHC light illuminated, so I could move the bobcat out of the garage. It sat outside for about six-seven hours and when I came back to put it inside, the AHC light did not illuminate when starting it...

Is the lap bar switch working correctly?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I believe so, when I press the 'press to operate' button everything works fine (except when ACS illuminates). Should I be looking for anything in particular?

I would check the connections at the ACS controller it should be under the cab next to the steering levers if they are ok might have issues with an actuator or servo going bad which will require the dealer to install and calibrate

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've checked the connections. What do the codes mean?