Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Tilting cab up and did not put in neutral - gears now stuck

Customer Question

tilting cab up and did not put in neutral - gears now stuck
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Can not change gear - ford Iveco
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: I jacked the cab up to look in engine then jacked it back down now its stuck in gear and gear selector will not change gear
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Its likely that the linkage got bent or possibly damaged. First try jacking the cab back up and inspecting the linkage thoroughly. If the linkage checks okay the problem is in the transmission shift rails. Try disconnecting the shifter and manually resetting to neutral. Let me know