Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

De rated catd8r Dozer water flow senser light and

Customer Question

De rated catd8r Dozer water flow senser light and temperature light senser light come on replaced both still does the same thing checked conternuity right volts.sn :aka782 2006 would love your thoughts?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 11 months ago.
If this is an intermittent problem, I would suspect damage to one of the engine harnesses. The flow switch troubleshooting suggest the temperature sensor and ground level shutdown can trigger these lights.Ground level (user) shutdown switch is not on this machine but, the wiring it still on the engine harness. Are you seeing strange codes? Any active codes? I would try fabricating a bypass harness to either or both the flow switch or temp sensor to see if it is the harness. The only thing relate here is the pins on the ECM are next to each other. If oil is on the connector, that could be a source for a short circuit.Can you send a Product Status Report?Have you tried running a data log and monitor these inputs?