Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: 1989 Jcb

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: 1989 Jcb backhoe with perkins diesel blowing oil out exhaust and grey smoke
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Are you a person or a automated computer?
JA: No. I'm the Heavy Equipment Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: It's been sitting previous person used starting fluid to get It started. I cleaned the filters now it starts no problem. But blows oil and smoke
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Could the oil be contaminated with diesel? Smell the oil and see if it could smell like diesel. Is oil level correct? Is oil thinned? Is this the turbo charged engine? Check the turbo outlet to the intake manifold for oil in the intake, which would indicate the turbo seals are bad.

Fuel in the oil would indicate the fuel transfer pump is leaking into the crankcase or the injector pump shaft seal is leaking.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Did you find problem?