Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

My 873 bobcat JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit

Customer Question

my 873 bobcat
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: the Traction light is not illuminating, i have a new parking brake solenoid and switch installed, wanted to make sure i have the correct location for the solenoid...
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: the traction light will not illuminate, there is a code 05-22 which i just topped off the hydraulic fluid.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hi My name is***** will be glad to help. What is the serial number of your machine?

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Check the pump drive belt for proper tension and that the pump is turning as that codes is for low charge pressure. If the belt and tension is okay from the pump, check the oil and filter for signs of fine metal indicating a pump or component failure occurring. If all checks good and then hydraulic pressure is in specs by confirming with a gauge, check the sensor and harness for problems giving off false readings. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?Let me know. If so, Please take a moment to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time helping on the site.