catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Experience:  Field service technician for CAT 19 years.
11546476

I have a 1983 615 scraper. Had suspension re gas but still

Customer Question

I have a 1983 615 scraper. Had suspension re gas but still no lift.any ideas. Thanks
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Please post the full machine serial number of this machine so I can find the correct information to help you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its a 46z-1up
Ok, thanks.Test pump pressure first, it should be 2300 psi. I do not see any test ports so, you will need to tee into a pressure line. Then test selector valve pressure to servo valve direction spool to verify selector valve is working. The disconnect the servo control rod and try to move it manually to see if valve is working. Lastly check cylinders for bypassing. Block supply line to cylinders if pump pressure is low, then try checking each cylinder drain line for oil leakage. Attached is a simple schematic of the system. If you need more help, please let me know. Thanks, catmastertech.