Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.

Komatsu wa250 loader. Old, probably early 90s. Lost power,

Customer Question

Komatsu wa250 loader. Old, probably early 90s. Lost power, now will start but stalls immediately.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Construction Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: We changed all of the filters, fuel and air. Its been losing power steadily and stalling often. Now it tries to start, but stalls immediately. Fuel pump?
JA: Is there anything else the Construction Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: When it ran it was smooth, not missing. Been losing coolant tho.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Construction Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 5 months ago.
Have you checked your fuel filters?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Changed the spin on cartridge and one in the sentiment bulb.
Was there any contamination in them?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cleaned bulb and now looks clear. Ran for two weeks since changing filters but started losing power again this week.
I would check the tank also take the fuel line off of the pump inlet side and blow air through may have debris at pick up tube causing issues
Any update yet?