Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have LX 130 excavater that is not running right. The motor

Customer Question

I have LX 130 excavater that is not running right. The motor will rev up then just go to an idle, there is not one individual thing that is making idle down, meaning it happens when I am traveling or just lifting the boom up or just sitting there.
I think it is computer related because when you turn on the key there is a intro before the main menu that reads CBX then it will beep and the main menu will come up. Now the main menu just will not come up it just says CBX. There are a few times when the menu will come up and the machine runs fine but it is only for a few minutes or seconds.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi My name is***** will be glad to try to help. If the ECU ( Computer controller) is powering up but not responding , check the wiring harness to the ECU and if okay then you are correct that the problem is likely software related or a faulty ECU. Have the dealer reflash/reprogram and bench test the module and if it will not take a reflash, replace the ECU. Let me know