Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have an 2013 SD50 nifty lift, i turn the key to start position

Customer Question

i have an 2013 SD50 nifty lift, i turn the key to start position the low oil alarm stays on full time during the start procedure and the glow plug does not seem to be working I glow plug for 20 30 seconds and hard starts? machine has 200 hours on. is the alarm supposed to sound then go silent during start procedure?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If the low oil alarm is going off but the level is good then check the harness and sensor for a problem. Is this low oil level or low oil pressure? If low oil pressure verify actual oil pressure is okay with a mechanical gauge and if so, check the harness and sensor. Click this link for the operation manual for FYI. Let me knowoperation Manual
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Click here for the parts manual to help with Parts Identification and troubleshooting. The schematics are towards the end.Parts and schematics
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate my service as that is how the experts get credit for their time helping on the site.