Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a 2002 C-15, 5 &6 injector not firing, wiring passes

Customer Question

I have a 2002 C-15, 5 &6 injector not firing, wiring passes continuity test, tried different ECM,replaced both injectors. difference. ..I see 1 thru 4 injectors getting just over 3 volts at idle but 5&6 getting 11 to 15 volts
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi Brad, My name is***** will be glad to help. Please post the complete serial number anf model as shown on the engine ID tag.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Was this a brand new or reman or used ECM and was it reflashed with the most current updated software version?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
double check the injector harness and pass through connectors for damaged pins or corrosion. Are you getting any codes? What codes are logged? Let me know
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Dan,Model C-15
Serial# *****
Used ECM
Unknown if either ECM has been flashed
Code was 73 or 74
Will inspect the harness and pins, I am just inheriting this project.
What knee jerk reaction do you have to this voltage difference at injector
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi Brad, Low voltage from the ECM for injectors is an injector driver problem from the ECM but what is throwing me for a loop here is you already swapped ECMs and the injectors as well as confirmed continuity of the harness. Something is missed here. Are you measuring from the ECM plug or at the injectors after the injector harness? Are the readings the same?Take a closer look at the harness and connector pins as it makes no sense being the same between two ECMs. Click here for a diagram to help.diagram