Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 2001 cat 236 it will crank but hyd will not work.

Customer Question

I have a 2001 cat 236 it will crank but hyd will not work. Arm rest is ok no movement of any kind. Does it have a reset
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi Chuck. My name is***** will be glad to help. When you say crank do you mean the engine starts and runs but you loss all functions? Does it seem like there is any hydraulic pressure? Check the safety interlock switches and harness for problems and fuses and relays. If okay then check the hydraulic filter for metal/debris indicating a pump or component failure. Also check the pump drive coupling for failure to confirm the pumps are actually turning. Let me know
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have checked all fuses they r all good . The arm rest and parking lights on three control panel works . When the machine stopped I was backing up an all fuction stopped
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Call me please at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
I sent over the Premium service offer for the call request. Once you accept the offer I will be allowed to call you.