Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I bought an eBay plasma cutter and it made one cut then it

Customer Question

I bought an eBay plasma cutter and it made one cut then it wouldn't give a spark. It turns on, blows air when trigger is pushed, the fan comes on, the display comes on, I just can't see anything happening when I push the button other than air being blown out.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 7 months ago.
Did you check and make sure nothing went up inside the tip?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, I tried a few different tips and nothing seems to happen other than air being blown when I press the trigger.
Any lights come on and flash when it does not ignite
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not on the tip. The lights for the unit come on when the turn the machine on and I opened the unit up and see a red light inside that comes on. When I press the trigger I hear something happening in the unit but nothing other than air on the handle.
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 6 months ago.
What is the make and model of this plasma cutter?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a CUT50. Pretty certain it's a Chinese unit.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Inverter-Air-Plasma-Cutter-Pressure-Gauge-Digital-Display-CUT50-/191838907462?ssPageName=ADME:X:RRNTB:US:3160
You probably have a bad inverter I would check voltae going into the inverter and see what is coming out since this is a chinese unit they probably used cheap inverters or depending on how long you had it I would talk to ebay and return it
Any update yet?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where is the inverter and where do I check the voltage? I have the unit opened, do I check at the tip or inside the unit? Do I need the air to be running when checking?Even though I bought it from a "US Seller" they want me to ship it back to China and I rather fix the thing that go through sending something to China in hope to get it fixed or refunded.
I would disconnect air and power from the unit and check all the plastic connections may just be a loose connection on one of the boards have you already done this?