Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Gehl 883 that tilts the cab when using other functions.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Gehl 883 that tilts the cab when using other functions. We're 100 miles from any kind of service so I looking to figure this out without hauling the equipment a long ways. Obviously a hydraulic problem but here should I start.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Please post the serial number and be sure you,ve posted the complete model from the ID tag with any dashes to be sure you get the correct information for your machine.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry took me so long I had to travel to where the rig is the serial number is *****
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the info so is the main frame tilt tilting the machine or is it the carriage tilt at the end of the boom that is a problem? Let me know Click on this link for your system breakdowns and some schematics to start with. It will also help when referencing parts here as well.Troubleshooting
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The main frame is tilting
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So Inshould be looking at the main valve at the back of the lift? It looks like the V30 valve block but mine has 5 sections instead of 4
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think I figure it out. The tilt lever is hanging up sometimes to the left
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the update. That would be a sticking control valve. Let me know