Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Certified.

We have a 2005 truck with a cat c7 in it. the check eng. light

Customer Question

we have a 2005 truck with a cat c7 in it. the check eng. light will start flashing with an engine injection control pressure code SPNO164. the high pressure oil pressure is at about 3500 psi when above idle.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Cat Man replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.Code 164-11 (39) is defined as an Injection Actuation Pressure System fault. I see this a lot on these engines. This code indicates the ECM is not seeing the correct Injection Actuation Pressure. This code and problem is caused by several things.The first and most common is a faulty HEUI pump. To test a high pressure 5000 psi gauge is needed to connect to the outlet of the HEUI pump.
Second is a faulty IAP sensor. To test you can install a high pressure gauge into the head and compare the reading to a service tools reading.
And lastly is a leaking injector.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 5 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.