Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a ex58mu hitachi excavator. I was pushing with the

Customer Question

I have a ex58mu hitachi excavator. I was pushing with the boom and bucket and hydraulically stalled the machine. Now the machine will not start and blows one of the 2 45amp fuse links.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Construction Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I checked the started and it fires. It appears that that the hydraulic pump is open, overloading the the starter...
JA: Is there anything else the Construction Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: dash lights work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Construction Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Is the engine cranking over slow like the pump or control valve is sticking and pulling the engine under a constant load? If so, Pull the hydraulic filter and check it for fine metal/debris indicating a pump failure occurring. Let me know