Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Sorry I hit the wrong button I have a 09 skid steer 277 C I

Customer Question

Sorry I hit the wrong button I have a 09 skid steer 277 C I blew a hydraulic line to the right motor Replaced it replace the hydraulic fluid and ran great for 2 days no problems then the third day it started doing going in circles right handed circles then it just stopped and when you go to push the joystick forward it goes to the right about a foot like it's going to go in a circle and stops then there's an explanation thing blinking at the instrument panel and it started like shaking the whole skid steer pretty bad so I called caterpillar in ***** ***** Florida they told me it sounded like the joystick so I replaced that and the speed sensor solenoid that didn't fix it I took the hydraulic filter off to see if there's any metal shavings from what I can see there's none I don't know what else to do and I can't afford a service call
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Now all I can say is when you put your joystick forward it turns to the right about a foot it stops the parking brake comes on and the explanation point flashes on the instrument panel and it shakes real bad the hydraulic fluids full I didn't see any metal shavings in the filter that's all I know I'm basically ***** *****'s telling me to bring it to them which I have no way to and otherwise they have to come out a service call and I don't have $500 plus parts
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
And does it matter which way your speed sensor solenoid goes in I didn't put it in the exact same way it came out I don't see why it can't go in anyway I mean as long as you plug it up the way it was in the wires were stretched not real tight but to where you can barely disconnect it so when I put the sensor and I made it to where the wires plug in at the bottom instead of to the left side and is there a way I can test the ECM or ECU whatever it's called to make sure it's working
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Hi Virgil, My name is***** series Machines have a single ECM that controls everything and on these machines it is very tough to diagnose with the old methods as Cat ET software is needed to monitor the parameters, live data, retrieve fault codes, run calibrations, etc. If your machine does not have the optional digital display in the upper RH console to pull fault codes you will need Cat ET plugged in. Do you know any contractors etc with Cat ET software? I have some troubleshooting information but without the fault code numbers you will only be guessing. Let me know
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
The ECM is communicating as it is throwing a fault code with your warning indicator. We will need this code for testing and troubleshooting. It is likely a calibration problem as the joystick needs to be calibrated with Cat ET. You could have a sensor or harness problem as well if no metal or mechanical problems are found