Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Kobelco sk350 mk 9problem with stick crowd function not working.had

Customer Question

kobelco sk350 mk 9
problem with stick crowd function not working.had same problem 150 hours ago and seemed to fix it by bypassing thumb circuit.now no luck. machine is inoperable
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Hi Tim, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the serial number of your machine and do you have any error or faults logged in the monitor panel? Have you now lost all functions? which functions are currently effected?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yc12u2573 only the stick crowd not functioning.checked all wiring .there is a bank of 9 solonoids above the valve bodies .number 7 counting from the front seems to be doing nothing.have no service manual yet to know if that is the correct one.if so it is getting no signal.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No faults
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
thanks for the update Tim.I have the Mark 8 Manual which will give you some help but there are 8 solenoids on the Mark 8.There is a full explanation of the operation and will get you started with the troubleshooting. I will be glad to share it with you if you would like.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Click on these two links.... compare to what you have on the Mark9 arm circuit and schematics and I believe you will likely be able to use this for troubleshooting and theory. Let me knowTroubleshooting 1Troubleshooting 2
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My samsung phone cannot open this file
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Hi Tim, Yes the manuals are too big to open on a phone. You will have to access them at a computer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok this stuff is great.i will be in the bush south of dawson city yukon at my placer mine where the machine is down.will take me a couple of days to troubleshoot and you will definatly be hearing from me in the next few days.thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Pleasure to help. Keep me posted.