Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.

I am from monahans Texas and today my gmk 5130 grove all

Customer Question

Hi I am from monahans Texas and today my gmk 5130 grove all terrain crane had a driving problem. A E appeared when you are driving and it shift out of gear. Any ideas what it might be?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi Raul, My name is***** is the serial number of your crane? By chance could you get me the transmission model and serial number from the transmission tag?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The serial number is ***** tge transmission number I don't know off hand
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the update. I looked this info up and the transmission model is a Daimler Chrysler( Mercedes) G 240-16. Unfortunately I do not have the manuals for this transmission so can not help with what that fault indicates. I will opt out in case another expert can help.
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 6 months ago.
Hello Raul That A E code means there is a Speed Sensor fault check all connections on top of the transmission. Speed sensor should be located on the output shaft of the transmission. If connections are good you may have to replace the speed sensor when you order the speed sensor I am pretty sure it will have to be calibrated with a special tool called a MINIDIAG system you may want to call your local GMK dealer if it is not a connection issue.