Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

2005 pc160-7 low charge indicator (red battery) on the monitor

Customer Question

2005 pc160-7 low charge indicator (red battery) on the monitor all the time. new batteries
installed not long ago and the charge rate when running shows 28.5 volts. I would like to get rid of the red indicator and get the hyd. temp gauge back. how would I do that???
Thanks
Al
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help.Clean/inspect/ tighten all battery to starter connections including all grounds. check all alternator connections and have the alternator tested for potential internal problems and voltage regulator problems. It is possible for the alternator to show a charge but give a false reading. If ok take a very close look at the harness and connector pins for corrosion, shorts, opens, or damage. Let me know
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Did you get this resolved?