Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on many road graders, Bull dozers , skid steers, Rollers
6825259

Just purchased case 1070. sounds good ran good gauges all read

Customer Question

just purchased case 1070. sounds good ran good gauges all read as they should. just started to push blowby out breather. then blew out dipstick when I shut it down. Parked tractor and going to trailer now. where do I start to look. this tractor has sat idle for about 1 year and had next to no maintenance for awile
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Anything else I can tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: pressures are good, temp gauge just got into green, still does not sound like any misses
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this what you are describing is stuck piston rings normal after a year sit I suggest to remove the injectors, pour 5 oz of diesel fuel in each cylinder do this everyday for 2-3 days and crank over before the next dose of diesel fuel this will free the rings up I hope this helped you Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
HiJustt following up with you did my answer help you Let me know , Please Wayne
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still not the answer that will fix the tractor
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Morningthis will free up the ringsor you can drop the oil pan, pull the headand replace rings, and hone cylinders Did this help you ??
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If it is stuck rings why did it run so good for 1 to 2 hours before this started
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi reason being is that when it got warm(operation Temp)the cylinders/liners expan, and that is when you get the blow-by