Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My JCB 8032 ZTS Has no blade power and my son can stop the

Customer Question

My JCB 8032 ZTS Has no blade power and my son can stop the swing with his body. Everything else seems strong. The blade won't lift the machine and the swing is horrible. I have already replaced o-rings on the relief valves. Any idea? I know that the swing revolution should be 10 times in a min. Mine is 5.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Hi Brandon. Its Dan. Have you had gauges on this to check pressures? the symptoms you are describing point to a relief valve problem or potential pump problem. Lets see what you have for pressures. Try swapping reliefs with another function for test purposes if possible. Let me knowSlew main reliefbar (psi)190 (2756) Excavator/track main reliefbar (psi)245 (3553)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok where do I plug into for the slew and the excavator pressure ports? We plugged into the hose on the blade to check it. It ended up building up to 1250 then started dropping off.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Click on this link for the PDF manual with the schematics and test information I found for under 35 which will be very helpful in troubleshooting. Tapping into the individual circuit and deadheading the function at high RPM is perfectly fine to read your pressure.Manual
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
When the pressure dropped off was the function deadheaded to the end of stroke?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would rather have some info that doesn't cost me more money. I already paid 54 dollars for someone to tell me to download a 33 dollar PDF. File.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Hi Brandon, Thanks for the update. You are still under an hours labor at the repair shop as far as cost. The shop manual at the dealer is a lot more than 34 dollars. The machine makes more an hour with an operator for billed out time. Well I hope it isnt pumps causing your troubles as they cost a lot more then 34 and the reliefs are much higher as well. Anytime you are troubleshooting a hydraulic system you should have the schematics, pressure specs and test and adjusting information. Hang tight. There may be someone on here that might have it to post for you. Good luck