Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

My bobcat is throwing a 22-03 code (starter error off) I need

Customer Question

My bobcat is throwing a 22-03 code (starter error off) I need to know how to fix this
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Construction Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I was picking up a load of dirt and the machine struggled and then shut off. When I wen to turn it on it just clicked instead of turning over so I checked the codes and this is what came up. 22-03 (starter error off)
JA: Anything else I can tell the Construction Equipment Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Construction Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
hi my name is***** will be glad to help. bare with me while I look up your code. Also what is your serial number?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
model of machine as well?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ill run up to the job to look up the serial number. The model of the machine is a 763
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Using a test light test for power at the small wire s terminal on the solenoid while in the cranking position. If your battery and connections test good and there is power at the S terminal in the cranking position, you have a fault starter solenoid. If no power, check ign switch, harness, and safety switches. Reply back with your results and if you need more help
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The serial number is###-##-####
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Also, always test your battery for full voltage and internal condition with a digital tester. if it passes then check, clean and tighten all battery to starter connections and grounds.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
the S terminal i am referring to is on the starter solenoid. It will be the smallest wire. That is the signal power wire from the Ignition switch.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I checked all connections and everything is good. Is the starter selinod the gold cylinder on the front when you open the door to the engine.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Depends on which you are referring to . the starter solenoid is mounted to the starter motor and bolted to the engine flywheel housing. there is a fuel shut off solenoid but that is connected to the fuel injection pump.