Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I am removing the 3204 engine from my D4C LGP serial #2CJ00510...can

Customer Question

I am removing the 3204 engine from my D4C LGP serial #2CJ00510...can you tell me the best way to disconnect the transmission for removal?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Hi Rob, It's Dan. I will be glad to try to help. I recommend having the tracks on hardwood cribbing blocks for clearance below and remove the belly pans and guards around the engine and the floor panels to access the mounting bolts. It is a good idea to steam clean everything if it is possible as the belly pans are usually full. Let me know if you need more help
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
but wha I want to know is whether or not I have to unbolt the torque converter or leave it attached to flywheel
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Pull the engine and converter one assembly. Disconnect the lines and drive shaft.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Hi Rob, I saw a request for a phone call so I posted the additional services link if you are interested but it is not necessary if you have no further need for a call. Please remember to rate my service and if you need more help let me know