Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have an SC252 stump grinder that keeps blowing fuses. I've

Customer Question

I have an SC252 stump grinder that keeps blowing fuses. I've changed the help. I've changed the starter no help. The wire with the inline fuse runs from the starter to the switch. It gets too hot to touch and then the fuse blows.
Occasionally, the switch that activates the cutting wheel electric clutch doesn't work. The motor can be running and the clutch won't engage when the switch is engaged.
What causes this problem and how do I fix it? Thanks.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi Micheal. My name is***** will be glad to help. Try disconnecting the clutch and engaging the switch with the wire not touching anything. If the wire does not get hot or pop a fuse it is not a harness issue so it means the solenoid/clutch is shorting and drawing too many amps. Replace it
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi Michael, Did you get this resolved?