Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

Case bulldozer 1988 1450B dozer lost power to RH track in low

Customer Question

case bulldozer 1988 1450B dozer lost power to RH track in low range, it worked okay at first in hi range now after stopping overnite the range lever won't move?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the hydraulic filter and oil for signs of metal/debris indicating an internal component failure occurring. If ok then inspect the control valve and relief valve cartridges for metal/debris,damage/damaged o rings, and sticking. If ok and there is good pressure to the drive motor, check for excessive case drain pressure at the drive motor indicating a faulty drive motor. there should be a low volume of oil from the case drain port on the drive motor with travel engaged but against a loading gick etc to prevent movement and a hose run into a bucket.Let me know