Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

Looking to change pilot control hosese on 9020b case excavator.looking

Customer Question

looking to change pilot control hosese on 9020b case excavator.looking for diagram of wich ones
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: want to switch from cat to deere(also known as backhoe) controls,there is 4 hoses to switch at manifold behiind cab,but dont know wich 4
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. You trace and tag Boom up and boom down.... then arm in and arm out on the pilot control lines at the valve block. You switch Boom up with arm in and boom down with arm out. Let me know your serial number if you need further help
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
im looking for a diagram that would be available in the ownersmanual of wich 4 hoses and not have to start tracing the hoses
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
The owners manual will not have that information but the service manual will have schematics and some pictures in the parts diagrams.... What is your serial number?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
unsure of serial #. but its a 1998 case 9020b
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Boom control lines with ports labeled
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Pilot control to valve block ports
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Arm control lines with ports labeled.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
You will switch them at the pilot manifold. The three links I posted will show you which ports. Swap arm control lines with the boom control lines.