Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a case 580C with a front end loader. The only way it

Customer Question

I have a case 580C with a front end loader. The only way it will start is if I move the front bucket tilt lever while cranking. Is there a safety switch on the bucket control that would prevent starting?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The tractor wouldn't start and we thought the injector pump had failed. The while cranking I lifted the front bucket and it started. In looking at the control valve I see two what appear to be pressure switches. I was wondering if one of them had some kind of interrupt circuit.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
Starter would not engage? Or was too weak to spin engine? The switch on the control valve is to stop movement when you work the lift control. It has nothing to do with start. Start is influenced by the neutral switch in the transmission shifter . You may have jerked the machine and the neutral switch made contact. If you hold key in the start position and work the transmission shifters, will starter engage?