Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

We have a case 680 Backhoe. I purchased replacement seals

Customer Question

we have a case 680 Backhoe. I purchased replacement seals and want to have them put in. What is the average cost for labor to do this? I believe there are about 10 of them. Thank you
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Hi Vicki, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What components are you resealing? What is your machine serial number?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't know what the serial number is ***** is a 680 Case Backhoe. Replacing all seals I have a mechanic that is willing to replace
them but I need to know the average time that it takes to replace one? I don't want to have him start without some idea of a reasonable time to do the job. Either for each one or time to replace all three doesn't have to be exact just an idea so I can have an idea of cost
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Either for each one or time to replace all of them doesn't have to be exact just an idea so I can have an idea of cost
I purchase all seals for 1,100.00
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
It depends on what seals they are. Hydraulic cylinders and which ones, engine seals? transmission seals? axle seals? etc. Can you scan and upload your parts reciept so I can see the part numbers you have?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yes I can do that will send tomorrow. Thank you *****
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Sounds good and its a pleasure to help.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
have a good evening
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Hi Vicki, did you get this resolved? I did not get an upload so not sure if you tried sending.