Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

We have a case 680 Backhoe. I purchased replacement seals

Customer Question

we have a case 680 Backhoe. I purchased replacement seals and want to have them put in. What is the average cost for labor to do this? I believe there are about 10 of them. Thank you
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.
Hi Vicki, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What components are you resealing? What is your machine serial number?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know what the serial number is ***** is a 680 Case Backhoe. Replacing all seals I have a mechanic that is willing to replace
them but I need to know the average time that it takes to replace one? I don't want to have him start without some idea of a reasonable time to do the job. Either for each one or time to replace all three doesn't have to be exact just an idea so I can have an idea of cost
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Either for each one or time to replace all of them doesn't have to be exact just an idea so I can have an idea of cost
I purchase all seals for 1,100.00
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.
It depends on what seals they are. Hydraulic cylinders and which ones, engine seals? transmission seals? axle seals? etc. Can you scan and upload your parts reciept so I can see the part numbers you have?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes I can do that will send tomorrow. Thank you *****
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.
Sounds good and its a pleasure to help.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
have a good evening
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.
Hi Vicki, did you get this resolved? I did not get an upload so not sure if you tried sending.