Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Can t steer my condor 68 manlift, tip or rotate aerial pla

Customer Question

can t steer my condor 68 manlift, tip or rotate aerial platform
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Hi Jeff, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the serial number of your lift if you have it?
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Check the harness and grounds to the solenoids on the valves in those circuits for damaged wiring and connector pins and check for power to the solenoids and grounds. If ok but the solenoid is not mechanically functioning, try swapping solenoids with another function to confirm a faulty solenoid. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
p***-**-**** manufactured 5-2-85
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how do I know what solenoid goes with what function there seems to b 8 on one side and then 4 on another
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Let me see if I have the correct manual for your lift.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Click on this link for the manual to help identify your parts and locations.Manual also click belowParts
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have this already I don't understand which r which it doesn't explain
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it says eight but only explains four which r located at ground box but nothing from lift platform
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is there only one ground cable for all functions
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the update Jeff. Let me dig through the material so I can give you further guidance.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Ok on the parts link PDF pages 78, 80, 83 has the valves labeled and on 92, 93 shows your fuses/relays that could have failed from the arch/short. anytime there is a dead short, it is good to test all fuses and relays. For fuses test power on both sides with key on and relays it is quickest to swap one at a time with a known good one from another circuit or new relay.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
PDF 198-209 has your schematics for both hydraulic and electrical circuits
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks dan I have the steering working but im waiting on two fuses which should b here by wed so hopefully I can get the basket to rotate and tip but lost boom up and down from basket and the turett from moving right and left from basket
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Pleasure to help