Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

Hyd drive on right hand side I replaced the hoses now have

Customer Question

hyd drive on right hand side I replaced the hoses now have a alarm on panel blinking I am concerned I mixed up a hose
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: i removed the hoses because they were leaking put in the new ones filled with oil run it topped it up run it removed the bucket then the hyd will not lock back down ant hyd temp is at max
JA: Anything else I can tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: do these things get air locked
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the make, model and serial number of your machine so I can be sure to get you the correct information?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning Dan ... Here is the information you required ... it is a CAT 297C - Two Speed - Serial #CAT0297CHGCPO1394Feel free to call me at(###) ###-####if you need additional information.I am still looking for hose routing for right hand drive - and if crossed lines could cause a blinking " ! " on the dash?Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the info. Click on the link below and see PDF pages 50-59. It will help identify the ports on the drive motors and what the matching port should be on the pump. There are other diagrams in the publication as well. Let me know. Troubleshooting
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
The C models are run by one main ECM. If your machine does not have the digital display as shown in the publication I sent you will have yo have Cat ET connected to access the fault codes. If you do have the display then follow the procedure and let me know what you have for codes. This will tell us what the warning light it on for or what circuit there is a problem.