Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Have a jcb 214 series 3 was doing a job with it it was

Customer Question

Have a jcb 214 series 3 was doing a job with it it was working just fine then it would not go into reverse shut the engine off and tried to restart thinking it might reset the transmission but it will not start the only way I can get it started is to jump across the starter solenoid and then it will start but it will not go in forward or reverse
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Test for power in and out of the shift controller in each gear position as it is a common wear item on these machines. It is possible the contacts are worn and the it is not reading neutral and revers possible failed first. Test with a test light or volt/OHM meter. Let me know