Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

When i raise boom i get more power to the wheels when i do

Customer Question

when i raise boom i get more power to the wheels when i do not use boom i loose power to the wheels
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 8 months ago.

What are you having problems with make and model please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1998 gehl 883 dyna lift tele handler 4 cylinder john deer turbo desil motor runs perfect all hydraulics all work perfect for some reason the drive system only has proper power when you are raising the boom the motoer even labours on cold starts i had a hydraulics man look at it he said the hydraulics is working good please look into this for me i have a job to put it on and need it fixed email me any time i check them every day will pay bonus if you solve this this is urgent garry sheppard

Have you checked and made sure the clutch dump switch on the dash is not engaged?

Also need to check the spool valves on top of the transmission and make sure they are not stuck

Check the linkages in the picture make sure they move freely

Any luck with your issue?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
garry s[peaking called the gehl factory in the states they think it is one of theboom control valves are sticking have a gehl tech man booked for tuesday to do a pressure tests on the system to find the which job it ts there is steady pressure on the pump will have answers this week the three things you told me have been checked this is a tough problem

Does the boom control valves move when you work the boom up and down?