dieseldan55, Mechanic
Experience:  Road Mechanic for Volvo Construction Equipment.

I have a Yanmar vio35 pump and all is good but i have no

Customer Question

I have a Yanmar vio35 pump and all is good but i have no operation
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well the travel motor on right side went out ordered new wheel motor and replaced. Now i start it an all that will move is blade. i was wondering if there may be a valve in system that allows you to put hydraulics in neutral
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 7 months ago.

Hi this is dieseldan and thank you for requesting me. I don't have any info on that particular machine but its possible there is separate pumps and the fact that the blade works could be because its on a separate pump then the others. In addition i would also like to see if you can verify the safety solenoid is functioning to the servo system. I assume this machine is not using linkage and uses small pilot lines to control the spools. SO verify the fuses and then locate the safety solenoid which normally is located near a small accumulator. See if it gets power when safety lever is in active mode, and or see if you can bypass the hose to verify operation. Another reason the blade may work is it is controlled by linkage instead of servo control and thus it will move the spool since when your deflecting the lever it is pushing the main spool. Pressure checks are always a good way to start off troubleshooting so take those as well. I hope that will help.